Shingle & Flat Roof Replacements
- Owens Corning (click for our color charts)
- Evergreen Slate
- Cedar Shake FR
The world’s best heat welded, white reflective commercial system!
We only offer Duro-Last HIGH PERFORMANCE Cool-zone because it is the last covering you will ever need!
In some circles, “green” means “vegetative.” But in fact, the term “green roof” really refers to a roofing system that’s sustainable. That is, it provides the long-term environmental benefits that building owners and managers are seeking for their high-performance commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities. This is what we mean when we say “green”:
- Green is cool. It has high reflectivity and emissivity values that reduce the amount of heat transferred into a building. This translates into reduced energy costs (in virtually all climates) and increased comfort level and productivity for building occupants.
- Green is lightweight. It requires less fuel to transport to the job-site than other roofing systems. In many cases, it can be installed over an existing roof without an expensive and land-filling tear-off.
- Green is solar-ready. It can accommodate the wide variety of rooftop photovoltaic equipment that’s available today. A green roof membrane is also an important part of a vegetative roof installation. Regardless of what you’re installing on top of it, a green roof is part of a complete sustainable rooftop system.
- Green uses environmentally-friendly processes. Manufacturing a green roof requires less energy than other roofing materials, plus minimizes scrap. The scrap that is produced is recycled back into production. Installation creates little material waste, and the roof is recyclable at the end of its useful life on the rooftop.
- Green is one that can help facilities obtain credits toward the US Green Building Council’s LEED and LEED-EB certification. The LEED program and a similar program called Green Globes are well-established and aid specifiers in the high-performance building design process. Both also recognize the installation of high performance roofing systems. Manufacturers of green roofs also are recognized by the EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Roof Products Program and the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC).
The Duro-Last Cool Zone system is green because it meets all these criteria – and more.